Don't confuse movement with progress.
SEPTEMBER 21, 2001
Paul Lazarsfeld, the founder of modern empirical sociology
One hundred years after the birth of this giant of sociology who Paul Lazarsfeld was, International Journal of Public Opinion Research
publishes a special issue
dedicated to his works. Paul Lazarsfeld contributed to unemployment research, public opinion and market research, mass media and communications research, political sociology, the sociology of sociology, the history of empirical social research, and applied sociology. His methodological innovations were many. Here is the table of contents
of the special issue:
- "Editorial, Paul F. Lazarsfeld (1901-1976)", Wolfgang Donsbach, Seymour Martin Lipset, Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann, Robert M. Worcester.
- "Paul Lazarsfeld-The Founder of Modern Empirical Sociology: A Research Biography", Hynek Jerábek.
- "Paul Lazarsfeld as Institutional Inventor", Allen H. Barton.
- "Lazarsfeld'S Map of Media Effects", Elihu Katz.
- "A Legacy of Lazarsfeld: Cumulative Social Research on Voting", Robert B. Smith.
- "Collections and Recollections. The Paul F. Lazarsfeld Archive at the University of Vienna: Its History and Its Contents", Paul Neurath.
- "Collections and Recollections. My Friend, Paul F. Lazarsfeld", Elisabeth Noelle-Neumann.
- "Bibliography. Selected Bibliography of Paul Lazarsfeld's Most Important Works", Hynek Jerábek.
Return to the home page
List all news
To reach us:
General address : firstname.lastname@example.org
Benoît Gauthier : email@example.com, @BGauthierCEEQ
Tel. : +1 819 775-2620, Fax : (no more fax; sorry)
238 Fleming Road, Cantley, Québec J8V 3B4